Kaiser Permanente Expands Access to Physician Care with the Addition of Two New Specialists | People
Specialists in Critical Care and Family Medicine Join the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group
HONOLULU, HI – December 26, 2012 – Kaiser Permanente Hawaii today announced the addition of two new physicians – Peter Lee, MD, a specialist in critical care medicine, and Steve Yasui, MD, a specialist in family medicine, who join over 500 physicians and providers of the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG), the state’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing comprehensive care to Kaiser Permanente’s 227,000-plus members.
Dr. Peter Lee earned his medical degree from New York Medical College and completed his residency in internal medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. He completed his fellowship in critical care medicine at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, Calif. Dr. Lee is board certified in critical care medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He most recently served as a staff intensivist with Aloha Critical Care Associates and assistant professor of medicine at the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine. Dr. Lee is practicing at Kaiser Permanente’s Moanalua Medical Center.
Dr. Steve Yasui earned his medical degree from the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) and completed his residency in family medicine at San Pedro Peninsula Hospital in California. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and most recently practiced with Family Medicine, Inc. in Wahiawa, HI. Dr. Yasui has also held an Associate Clinical Professor position with JABSOM’s Department of Family Medicine and Community Health. Dr. Yasui is practicing at Kaiser Permanente’s Honolulu Clinic.
Kaiser Permanente Hawaii has provided total health to the people of Hawaii for more than 50 years, with physicians who are members of the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, the largest multi-specialty physician group practice in the state of Hawaii. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. Visit kp.org for additional information. Become a fan of good health with Kaiser Permanente Hawaii: Like our page at Facebook.com/KPHawaii and follow @KPHawaii on Twitter.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- See "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at Hawaii Kai Library on March 18
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- Join McDonald's restaurants of Hawaii in supporting Hawaii robotics with egg McMuffin purchase
- Celebrate the End of Tax Season with Ala Moana Hotel's Form of the 1040
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra joins Maestro Roger Nierenberg in special ‘Music Paradigm’ event
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii rolls out free Wi-Fi at all facilities
- Attend Teen Tech Week Events at Six Libraries in March