Hawaii woman wins 2011 ASICS US Open Championships | News
A Roosevelt High School alumuna won the 48KG title at the 2011 ASICS U.S. Open Championships on Saturday.
Clarissa Chun was named "Most Outstanding Wrestler." The Olympian and Kapolei native beat Nicole Wooden, of Sunkist Kids, in the final 6-0, 6-0.
Chun will make another bid for the 2012 Olympics in London.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa Celebrates Stylish Grand Opening
- Coast Guard responding to spill in Ala Wai harbor
- Weeknight Waikiki parade draws big crowd, traffic
- Outrigger Enterprises Group Drives 86% More Mobile Bookings with Website Optimized by Mobify
- Crumbling concrete on walkway poses danger to Waikiki beachgoers