Man suffers from heart attack, crashes taxi cab into parked vehicle | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 69-year-old man is in critical condition after he experienced a heart attack and crashed his taxi cab into a parked vehicle.
According to officials, the incident happened at about 2 a.m. when the man was traveling north on Mott Smith Drive near Piikoi Street. He then struck a curb, uprooted a sign, hit a light pole and crashed into a parked vehicle.
The victim was taken to Straub hospital in critical condition. Officials say it appears he suffered from the heart attack prior to the accident.
A 20-year-old female passenger was not injured in the crash.
Police say the driver and passenger were not wearing a seat belt.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kiewit Building Group Interns Enhance Pearl City Elementary With An Outdoor Amphitheater
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Training
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Erica Dzikowski, Senior Loan Officer
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Summit Seminar - Assistive Technology for Healthy Living
- Red Cross First Aid Station Volunteers Needed!
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11