Man suffers from heart attack, crashes taxi cab into parked vehicle | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 69-year-old man is in critical condition after he experienced a heart attack and crashed his taxi cab into a parked vehicle.
According to officials, the incident happened at about 2 a.m. when the man was traveling north on Mott Smith Drive near Piikoi Street. He then struck a curb, uprooted a sign, hit a light pole and crashed into a parked vehicle.
The victim was taken to Straub hospital in critical condition. Officials say it appears he suffered from the heart attack prior to the accident.
A 20-year-old female passenger was not injured in the crash.
Police say the driver and passenger were not wearing a seat belt.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- RevoluSun helps homeowners understand new solar policy with graphic guide
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode
- Young Athletes Invited to Come Out and Play!