Man suffers from heart attack, crashes taxi cab into parked vehicle | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 69-year-old man is in critical condition after he experienced a heart attack and crashed his taxi cab into a parked vehicle.
According to officials, the incident happened at about 2 a.m. when the man was traveling north on Mott Smith Drive near Piikoi Street. He then struck a curb, uprooted a sign, hit a light pole and crashed into a parked vehicle.
The victim was taken to Straub hospital in critical condition. Officials say it appears he suffered from the heart attack prior to the accident.
A 20-year-old female passenger was not injured in the crash.
Police say the driver and passenger were not wearing a seat belt.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Twilight Tribute to the Troops!
- USO calls on Hawaii this summer to fire up their grills in support of the troops
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- “TWO: THE STORY OF ROMAN AND NYRO” TO SCREEN AT HONOLULU RAINBOW FILM FESTIVAL.
- Owner of popular Oahu restaurant chain killed in Pali crash
- Island Oasis launches Atherton debut for bellydancing
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Consolidate Patron Database on June 3
- Hawaii's Public Libraries will Observe Memorial Day Holiday
- Sew a Lei for Memorial Day
- Aqua Hospitality presents Summer Wednesdays at the Waikiki Aquarium
- AQUA HOSPITALITY PRESENTS SUMMER WEDNESDAYS AT THE WAIKIKI AQUARIUM
- 15th annual Lantern Floating ceremony to be held Monday evening
- Waikiki Aquarium's "Ke Kani O Ke Kai" 2013 summer concert series to feature popular local artists