Man suffers from heart attack, crashes taxi cab into parked vehicle | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 69-year-old man is in critical condition after he experienced a heart attack and crashed his taxi cab into a parked vehicle.
According to officials, the incident happened at about 2 a.m. when the man was traveling north on Mott Smith Drive near Piikoi Street. He then struck a curb, uprooted a sign, hit a light pole and crashed into a parked vehicle.
The victim was taken to Straub hospital in critical condition. Officials say it appears he suffered from the heart attack prior to the accident.
A 20-year-old female passenger was not injured in the crash.
Police say the driver and passenger were not wearing a seat belt.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Hawai'i Pacific University to Launch Global Lecture Series with $50,000 Grant from Hawaiian Electric
- Retail Merchants of Hawai‘i Launches New Statewide Training Program
- Wet'n'Wild Hawaii Gets Ice Cold
- Show Your Aloha Spirit By Purchasing Aloha Festivals Merchandise
- Medical Grants Available for Children in Hawaii