Girls report kidnapping attempts, police investigate | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Crimestoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are looking for a man who is wanted for two attempted kidnapping cases.
On December 25, 2011, at approximately 12 p.m., a juvenile female was walking in front of the Makiki Cemetery when she noticed a man on a moped following her.
The male got off the moped and followed her on foot and grabbed her. He held her against the cemetery wall. The victim was able to get away after kicking him.
On April 3, 2012, at approximately 7 a.m., a juvenile female was walking on Citron Street, when she was approached by a man on a moped. The male got off his moped and followed her behind a building where he pushed her down and attempted to make her ingest a pill. The female screamed and spit out the pill. A neighbor yelled at the male who fled on his moped.
The victims coincidentally happened to be friends. Without knowing that the first incident occurred, the second victim told the first victim what happened to her. The first victim then stated that the same thing happened to her in December but was too frightened to report it. Both incidents were reported on April 3, 2012.
Suspect: Unknown male
Race: Polynesian or Micronesian
Weight: Heavy set
Hair: Grey, neck length, wavy
Vehicle: Moped is white/red and is an older model.
There are scratches on the body of the moped.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11