Girls report kidnapping attempts, police investigate | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Crimestoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are looking for a man who is wanted for two attempted kidnapping cases.
On December 25, 2011, at approximately 12 p.m., a juvenile female was walking in front of the Makiki Cemetery when she noticed a man on a moped following her.
The male got off the moped and followed her on foot and grabbed her. He held her against the cemetery wall. The victim was able to get away after kicking him.
On April 3, 2012, at approximately 7 a.m., a juvenile female was walking on Citron Street, when she was approached by a man on a moped. The male got off his moped and followed her behind a building where he pushed her down and attempted to make her ingest a pill. The female screamed and spit out the pill. A neighbor yelled at the male who fled on his moped.
The victims coincidentally happened to be friends. Without knowing that the first incident occurred, the second victim told the first victim what happened to her. The first victim then stated that the same thing happened to her in December but was too frightened to report it. Both incidents were reported on April 3, 2012.
Suspect: Unknown male
Race: Polynesian or Micronesian
Weight: Heavy set
Hair: Grey, neck length, wavy
Vehicle: Moped is white/red and is an older model.
There are scratches on the body of the moped.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11