Girls report kidnapping attempts, police investigate | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Crimestoppers and the Honolulu Police Department are looking for a man who is wanted for two attempted kidnapping cases.
On December 25, 2011, at approximately 12 p.m., a juvenile female was walking in front of the Makiki Cemetery when she noticed a man on a moped following her.
The male got off the moped and followed her on foot and grabbed her. He held her against the cemetery wall. The victim was able to get away after kicking him.
On April 3, 2012, at approximately 7 a.m., a juvenile female was walking on Citron Street, when she was approached by a man on a moped. The male got off his moped and followed her behind a building where he pushed her down and attempted to make her ingest a pill. The female screamed and spit out the pill. A neighbor yelled at the male who fled on his moped.
The victims coincidentally happened to be friends. Without knowing that the first incident occurred, the second victim told the first victim what happened to her. The first victim then stated that the same thing happened to her in December but was too frightened to report it. Both incidents were reported on April 3, 2012.
Suspect: Unknown male
Race: Polynesian or Micronesian
Weight: Heavy set
Hair: Grey, neck length, wavy
Vehicle: Moped is white/red and is an older model.
There are scratches on the body of the moped.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- BLT Steak Waikiki extends employee discount to military for Armed Forces Day, May 18
- Man in critical condition after moped accident in Waikiki
- Shoreline makes waves in Waikiki with grand opening celebration
- Rare Hawaiian surfing book expected to fetch $40K
- Ala Moana Hotel Contest Celebrates the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards