Kinau Street H-1 off-ramp rehabilitation continues | News
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The rehabilitation of the Kinau Street H-1 off-ramp began today and is expected to impact traffic in the area. The project includes reconstruction and resurfacing of the asphalt roadway, replacing curbs and gutters, adjustment of manhole frames and covers, replacement of pavement markings and installing traffic signal loop detectors.
The resurfacing work is being done from the end of the H-1 off-ramp to Waiau Place, east of Keeaumoku Street. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. through the end of October.
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes as the work will result in detours and lane closures. If drivers cannot avoid the area, they are advised to exercise caution and obey all construction signs and traffic controls.
The intersections at Piikoi and Keeaumoku Streets are excluded though traffic will still be affected as equipment must enter these intersections to complete paving on Kinau Street.
The project will cost $1 million and covers 3.7 lane miles.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kiewit Building Group Interns Enhance Pearl City Elementary With An Outdoor Amphitheater
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Training
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Erica Dzikowski, Senior Loan Officer
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Summit Seminar - Assistive Technology for Healthy Living
- Red Cross First Aid Station Volunteers Needed!
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11