Interim Manoa Library will Close May 5 at 5 p.m.; New Library will Open on June 9 | Families
The interim Manoa Public Library, located on the Noelani Elementary School campus since August 3, 2009, will close on Saturday, May 5 at 5 p.m. The book drop will close at the same time. Patrons must return borrowed items to other public libraries.
Patrons must designate alternate pick up sites for pending requests prior to the closure. The deadline to pick up requested items already on the hold shelf at Manoa Library is Saturday, May 5.
The closure of the interim Library allows the Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) to prepare for the opening of the much anticipated new Manoa Public Library.
A Grand Opening Ceremony is being planned and will be conducted on Saturday, June 9 at 10 a.m. Details will be announced at a later date.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11