Interim Manoa Library will Close May 5 at 5 p.m.; New Library will Open on June 9 | Families
The interim Manoa Public Library, located on the Noelani Elementary School campus since August 3, 2009, will close on Saturday, May 5 at 5 p.m. The book drop will close at the same time. Patrons must return borrowed items to other public libraries.
Patrons must designate alternate pick up sites for pending requests prior to the closure. The deadline to pick up requested items already on the hold shelf at Manoa Library is Saturday, May 5.
The closure of the interim Library allows the Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) to prepare for the opening of the much anticipated new Manoa Public Library.
A Grand Opening Ceremony is being planned and will be conducted on Saturday, June 9 at 10 a.m. Details will be announced at a later date.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra joins Maestro Roger Nierenberg in special ‘Music Paradigm’ event
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii rolls out free Wi-Fi at all facilities
- Attend Teen Tech Week Events at Six Libraries in March
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako