Interim Manoa Library will Close May 5 at 5 p.m.; New Library will Open on June 9 | Families
The interim Manoa Public Library, located on the Noelani Elementary School campus since August 3, 2009, will close on Saturday, May 5 at 5 p.m. The book drop will close at the same time. Patrons must return borrowed items to other public libraries.
Patrons must designate alternate pick up sites for pending requests prior to the closure. The deadline to pick up requested items already on the hold shelf at Manoa Library is Saturday, May 5.
The closure of the interim Library allows the Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) to prepare for the opening of the much anticipated new Manoa Public Library.
A Grand Opening Ceremony is being planned and will be conducted on Saturday, June 9 at 10 a.m. Details will be announced at a later date.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11