Interim Manoa Library will Close May 5 at 5 p.m.; New Library will Open on June 9 | Families
The interim Manoa Public Library, located on the Noelani Elementary School campus since August 3, 2009, will close on Saturday, May 5 at 5 p.m. The book drop will close at the same time. Patrons must return borrowed items to other public libraries.
Patrons must designate alternate pick up sites for pending requests prior to the closure. The deadline to pick up requested items already on the hold shelf at Manoa Library is Saturday, May 5.
The closure of the interim Library allows the Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) to prepare for the opening of the much anticipated new Manoa Public Library.
A Grand Opening Ceremony is being planned and will be conducted on Saturday, June 9 at 10 a.m. Details will be announced at a later date.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- US-Japan Council Chooses Hawaii to Host 5th Annual Conference
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search