Interim Manoa Library will Close May 5 at 5 p.m.; New Library will Open on June 9 | Families
The interim Manoa Public Library, located on the Noelani Elementary School campus since August 3, 2009, will close on Saturday, May 5 at 5 p.m. The book drop will close at the same time. Patrons must return borrowed items to other public libraries.
Patrons must designate alternate pick up sites for pending requests prior to the closure. The deadline to pick up requested items already on the hold shelf at Manoa Library is Saturday, May 5.
The closure of the interim Library allows the Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) to prepare for the opening of the much anticipated new Manoa Public Library.
A Grand Opening Ceremony is being planned and will be conducted on Saturday, June 9 at 10 a.m. Details will be announced at a later date.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- BLT Steak Waikiki extends employee discount to military for Armed Forces Day, May 18
- Man in critical condition after moped accident in Waikiki
- Shoreline makes waves in Waikiki with grand opening celebration
- Rare Hawaiian surfing book expected to fetch $40K
- Ala Moana Hotel Contest Celebrates the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards