Hawaiian Humane Society presents the Be Wise and Sterilize Contest! | Events
Information courtesy: Hawaiian Humane Society
Win A Free Night's Stay in Waikiki
The most important thing to know about pet sterilization is that it saves lives. Take the Hawaiian Humane Society's Be Wise and Sterilize Quiz to learn more about pet sterilization. After you complete the quiz you can enter into a drawing to win an overnight stay at one of the Aqua Hotels. Click here to take the quiz now!
Exclusively for High School Students
Summer Teen ProgramShare the word that Hawaiian Humane Society's Teens 4 Animals Summer Experience is returning! Applications are being accepted for this limited enrollment program. Click here for details.
Teen Advisory Panel Seeks MembersExcellent opportunity for high school students who wish to help animals and strengthen their school portfolio. Panel members develop projects to raise humane awareness in under served communities and gather their friends to help. Community service hours given to all participants. Email for more information.
Winning Videos in the 2012 Animal Shout Out Video CompetitionThese two videos walked home with top honors, cash and other cool prizes as the winners of Hawaiian Humane Society's middle and high school Shout Out for Animals competition. Entries were challenged to focus their videos on ways to overcome animal overpopulation.Click to view the middle school and high school winning videos.
Be Wise and Sterilize Quiz PromotersWant to do more to help educate our community about the importance of sterilization? We are currently seeking volunteers to promote the Be Wise and Sterilize Quiz at the following events:
- Pet Expo on May 12th and 13th at the Neal Blaisdell Center
- Hawaiian Humane Society's Canine Game Day on May 26th at Thomas Square
Train to be a Humane Ambassador Help shape young minds to be compassionate and kind to animals. Assist our education efforts as a volunteer Humane Ambassador. Shelter tour guides, classroom speakers, teen club advisors, school liaisons, technology masters, office assistants and more are needed. Training provided. Click here for details.
Donate to our education department and help us spread humane awareness. Supplies are needed to enhance service learning projects, community awareness events and other education programs. All donations ultimately help Oahu's youth to be kinder and more compassionate citizens.
- 24' x 36' foam core boards
- Acrylic paint in all colors
- Paint brushes, 1/2" and broader
- Small bone-shaped dog biscuits
- Lei poly netting to make dog biscuit lei
- Curly ribbon in green and white
- Button maker
- Animal and kid friendly temporary tattoos
- Sun screen
- Bottled beverages
- Chips, cookies and other snack items
- Prize items for game booths
- Gift cards for teen contest prizes
About Our Education Program
In our early days, Hawaiian Humane Society protected children and found new families for them. In 1900, we launched our first animal welfare program for youth. Today, we offer a vibrant collection of youth education programs from innovative service learning and programs for teachers to shelter education experiences, contests and more. We get youth actively involved in mentoring others in their community, advocating for animals and learning from Hawaii's best animal welfare experts. Call us at 356-2206 to get involved in one of our many programs that develops leadership, character and compassion in kids around their love for animals.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki