GT Master's Fishing Tournament Set for April 20-22 | Events
Information courtesy: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
HAWAII OCEAN EXPO’S 2012 GT MASTER’S CUP SHORELINE FISHING TOURNAMENT SET TO TAKE OVER OAHU SHORES APRIL 20-22
Honolulu HI, (April 4, 2012) - Come and compete at one of the most popular events of the Hawaii Ocean Expo: The annual GT Master’s Cup Shoreline Fishing Tournament, sponsored this year by EastSide Outkastaz. The tournament starts Friday, April 20 at noon and culminates with weigh-ins at the Hawaii Ocean Expo inside the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall at noon on Sunday, April 22.
With a reputation as the biggest and baddest shoreline fishing tournament ever to infiltrate Oahu's shores and the largest shorecasting tournament cash pot on Oahu, the GT Master’s Cup brings out lots of local fishermen each year to try their luck at catching Ulua (Giant trevally), one of Hawaii’s top gamefish.
The payout: A total jackpot of $4000 for the biggest fish and runner-ups. Catch the biggest Ulua over 100 lbs and there’s a bonus $1000 bounty!
For those who want to preserve their memories, Gyutaku by Naoki will be on hand to do Gyutaku prints with any fish brought in for the tournament.
Entry forms and tournament rules are available at your local fishing supply store or online at www.gtmasterscup.com.
About the Hawaii Ocean Expo:
The Hawaii Ocean Expo’s vision is to create an annual expo where everyone who is “ocean-minded” can come together to share knowledge and experience of Hawaii’s ocean-centric culture, through an action-packed weekend of activities and events.
For more information on the expo, visit www.hawaiioceanexpo.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation