GT Master's Fishing Tournament Set for April 20-22 | Events
Information courtesy: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
HAWAII OCEAN EXPO’S 2012 GT MASTER’S CUP SHORELINE FISHING TOURNAMENT SET TO TAKE OVER OAHU SHORES APRIL 20-22
Honolulu HI, (April 4, 2012) - Come and compete at one of the most popular events of the Hawaii Ocean Expo: The annual GT Master’s Cup Shoreline Fishing Tournament, sponsored this year by EastSide Outkastaz. The tournament starts Friday, April 20 at noon and culminates with weigh-ins at the Hawaii Ocean Expo inside the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall at noon on Sunday, April 22.
With a reputation as the biggest and baddest shoreline fishing tournament ever to infiltrate Oahu's shores and the largest shorecasting tournament cash pot on Oahu, the GT Master’s Cup brings out lots of local fishermen each year to try their luck at catching Ulua (Giant trevally), one of Hawaii’s top gamefish.
The payout: A total jackpot of $4000 for the biggest fish and runner-ups. Catch the biggest Ulua over 100 lbs and there’s a bonus $1000 bounty!
For those who want to preserve their memories, Gyutaku by Naoki will be on hand to do Gyutaku prints with any fish brought in for the tournament.
Entry forms and tournament rules are available at your local fishing supply store or online at www.gtmasterscup.com.
About the Hawaii Ocean Expo:
The Hawaii Ocean Expo’s vision is to create an annual expo where everyone who is “ocean-minded” can come together to share knowledge and experience of Hawaii’s ocean-centric culture, through an action-packed weekend of activities and events.
For more information on the expo, visit www.hawaiioceanexpo.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Avalon Development Co. Puts 17 Industrial Parcels At Kapolei Business Park, Phase 2, On The Market
- Safeway Hawaii Foundation Grants $10,000 In Scholarships To 10 Hawaii Students
- Safeway Donates Over 16 Tons Of Ice To Aid Big Island Residents Impacted By Tropical Storm Iselle
- Hawaii Life Real Estate Hires Veteran Realtor For Oahu
- Young Slack Key Guitar Virtuoso Performs at Hawaii State Library
- Special Olympics Hawai‘i Takes Over the Edge to New Heights
- Elvis Remembrance Day Saturday, August 16: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p