GT Master's Fishing Tournament Set for April 20-22 | Events
Information courtesy: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
HAWAII OCEAN EXPO’S 2012 GT MASTER’S CUP SHORELINE FISHING TOURNAMENT SET TO TAKE OVER OAHU SHORES APRIL 20-22
Honolulu HI, (April 4, 2012) - Come and compete at one of the most popular events of the Hawaii Ocean Expo: The annual GT Master’s Cup Shoreline Fishing Tournament, sponsored this year by EastSide Outkastaz. The tournament starts Friday, April 20 at noon and culminates with weigh-ins at the Hawaii Ocean Expo inside the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall at noon on Sunday, April 22.
With a reputation as the biggest and baddest shoreline fishing tournament ever to infiltrate Oahu's shores and the largest shorecasting tournament cash pot on Oahu, the GT Master’s Cup brings out lots of local fishermen each year to try their luck at catching Ulua (Giant trevally), one of Hawaii’s top gamefish.
The payout: A total jackpot of $4000 for the biggest fish and runner-ups. Catch the biggest Ulua over 100 lbs and there’s a bonus $1000 bounty!
For those who want to preserve their memories, Gyutaku by Naoki will be on hand to do Gyutaku prints with any fish brought in for the tournament.
Entry forms and tournament rules are available at your local fishing supply store or online at www.gtmasterscup.com.
About the Hawaii Ocean Expo:
The Hawaii Ocean Expo’s vision is to create an annual expo where everyone who is “ocean-minded” can come together to share knowledge and experience of Hawaii’s ocean-centric culture, through an action-packed weekend of activities and events.
For more information on the expo, visit www.hawaiioceanexpo.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11