GT Master's Fishing Tournament Set for April 20-22 | Events
Information courtesy: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
HAWAII OCEAN EXPO’S 2012 GT MASTER’S CUP SHORELINE FISHING TOURNAMENT SET TO TAKE OVER OAHU SHORES APRIL 20-22
Honolulu HI, (April 4, 2012) - Come and compete at one of the most popular events of the Hawaii Ocean Expo: The annual GT Master’s Cup Shoreline Fishing Tournament, sponsored this year by EastSide Outkastaz. The tournament starts Friday, April 20 at noon and culminates with weigh-ins at the Hawaii Ocean Expo inside the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall at noon on Sunday, April 22.
With a reputation as the biggest and baddest shoreline fishing tournament ever to infiltrate Oahu's shores and the largest shorecasting tournament cash pot on Oahu, the GT Master’s Cup brings out lots of local fishermen each year to try their luck at catching Ulua (Giant trevally), one of Hawaii’s top gamefish.
The payout: A total jackpot of $4000 for the biggest fish and runner-ups. Catch the biggest Ulua over 100 lbs and there’s a bonus $1000 bounty!
For those who want to preserve their memories, Gyutaku by Naoki will be on hand to do Gyutaku prints with any fish brought in for the tournament.
Entry forms and tournament rules are available at your local fishing supply store or online at www.gtmasterscup.com.
About the Hawaii Ocean Expo:
The Hawaii Ocean Expo’s vision is to create an annual expo where everyone who is “ocean-minded” can come together to share knowledge and experience of Hawaii’s ocean-centric culture, through an action-packed weekend of activities and events.
For more information on the expo, visit www.hawaiioceanexpo.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- US-Japan Council Chooses Hawaii to Host 5th Annual Conference
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search