Punahou Theatre Presents Musical 'Into the Woods' | Events
Punahou School students in grades 9 - 12 present the Tony Award-winning musical "Into the Woods" April 12 - 13 and 20 - 21, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in Dillingham Hall.
"Into the Woods" gives beloved fairy tales a modern twist, exploring the consequences as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and other familiar characters embark on their fateful quests. An emotional lesson about shared responsibility unfolds against Stephen Sondheim's spectacular score ("I Know Things Now," "No One is Alone" and "Children Will Listen") and James Lapine's irreverent book.
"It's just wonderful to see the students bring so much talent and depth to their roles, as the stories weave together and intersect," said director Tony Young, noting that the production is suitable for audience members age 10 and older.
Reserved seating; tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors (65 and older), with identification. Tickets may be purchased on campus at the Sullivan Administration Building Box Office from 3 to 5 p.m. on April 3 - 4 and 10 - 11, as well as one hour before each performance. For more information, call (808) 943-3295.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development