Punahou Theatre Presents Musical 'Into the Woods' | Events
Punahou School students in grades 9 - 12 present the Tony Award-winning musical "Into the Woods" April 12 - 13 and 20 - 21, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in Dillingham Hall.
"Into the Woods" gives beloved fairy tales a modern twist, exploring the consequences as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and other familiar characters embark on their fateful quests. An emotional lesson about shared responsibility unfolds against Stephen Sondheim's spectacular score ("I Know Things Now," "No One is Alone" and "Children Will Listen") and James Lapine's irreverent book.
"It's just wonderful to see the students bring so much talent and depth to their roles, as the stories weave together and intersect," said director Tony Young, noting that the production is suitable for audience members age 10 and older.
Reserved seating; tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors (65 and older), with identification. Tickets may be purchased on campus at the Sullivan Administration Building Box Office from 3 to 5 p.m. on April 3 - 4 and 10 - 11, as well as one hour before each performance. For more information, call (808) 943-3295.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shot fired during Kalihi robbery, suspect escapes
- Affordable rentals in Iwilei now accepting applications
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode