Punahou Theatre Presents Musical 'Into the Woods' | Events
Punahou School students in grades 9 - 12 present the Tony Award-winning musical "Into the Woods" April 12 - 13 and 20 - 21, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in Dillingham Hall.
"Into the Woods" gives beloved fairy tales a modern twist, exploring the consequences as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and other familiar characters embark on their fateful quests. An emotional lesson about shared responsibility unfolds against Stephen Sondheim's spectacular score ("I Know Things Now," "No One is Alone" and "Children Will Listen") and James Lapine's irreverent book.
"It's just wonderful to see the students bring so much talent and depth to their roles, as the stories weave together and intersect," said director Tony Young, noting that the production is suitable for audience members age 10 and older.
Reserved seating; tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors (65 and older), with identification. Tickets may be purchased on campus at the Sullivan Administration Building Box Office from 3 to 5 p.m. on April 3 - 4 and 10 - 11, as well as one hour before each performance. For more information, call (808) 943-3295.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki