Punahou Theatre Presents Musical 'Into the Woods' | Events
Punahou School students in grades 9 - 12 present the Tony Award-winning musical "Into the Woods" April 12 - 13 and 20 - 21, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. in Dillingham Hall.
"Into the Woods" gives beloved fairy tales a modern twist, exploring the consequences as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and other familiar characters embark on their fateful quests. An emotional lesson about shared responsibility unfolds against Stephen Sondheim's spectacular score ("I Know Things Now," "No One is Alone" and "Children Will Listen") and James Lapine's irreverent book.
"It's just wonderful to see the students bring so much talent and depth to their roles, as the stories weave together and intersect," said director Tony Young, noting that the production is suitable for audience members age 10 and older.
Reserved seating; tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors (65 and older), with identification. Tickets may be purchased on campus at the Sullivan Administration Building Box Office from 3 to 5 p.m. on April 3 - 4 and 10 - 11, as well as one hour before each performance. For more information, call (808) 943-3295.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- KCAA Preschools of Hawaii announces new board member
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe Good Friday Holiday and Easter
- Give Back and Get More at Ward Centers from May 2 to 4
- Island Sole and OluKai Pair Up to Donate Footwear to Hawai‘i’s Lifeguards
- maluhia honua – 2014 aloha festivals to honor polynesian voyaging society’s world voyage
- Crumbling concrete on walkway poses danger to Waikiki beachgoers
- Group aims to build Waikiki condominium hotel
- $160 Million superyacht cruises Hawaiian islands
- City starts work on two new sewer lines following Ala Wai disaster
- Westin Resorts in Hawaii hold well-being open houses to kick off global wellness movement