Learn About Elder Law Issues at Aina Haina Library | Events
Information provided by; Hawaii State Public Library System
The University of Hawaii at Manoa's Elder Law Clinic will present "Understanding Elder Law Issues," a free program for adults, at Aina Haina Public Library on Thursday, March 22 at 1 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
The Elder Law Clinic is composed of UH-Manoa law school students and some graduate students who are overseen by practicing attorneys. The goal of the Clinic is to provide students with "real-life" experiences representing older clients with a variety of Elder law issues.
For this special program, second and third year law students will discuss the major issues that concern seniors and caregivers including wills, probate, public entitlements, guardianship/conservatorship and their alternatives, landlord-tenant issues, elder abuse, age discrimination, planning for incapacity and death, consumer protection, power of attorney, and health care and medical treatment decisions.
The law students will be available for brief consultations on individual cases following the presentation.
Contact the Library two weeks in advance if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Aina Haina Public Library is located at 5246 Kalanianaole Highway. For more information, please call the Library at 377-2456.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- BLT Steak Waikiki extends employee discount to military for Armed Forces Day, May 18
- Man in critical condition after moped accident in Waikiki
- Shoreline makes waves in Waikiki with grand opening celebration
- Rare Hawaiian surfing book expected to fetch $40K
- Ala Moana Hotel Contest Celebrates the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards