Learn About Elder Law Issues at Aina Haina Library | Events
Information provided by; Hawaii State Public Library System
The University of Hawaii at Manoa's Elder Law Clinic will present "Understanding Elder Law Issues," a free program for adults, at Aina Haina Public Library on Thursday, March 22 at 1 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
The Elder Law Clinic is composed of UH-Manoa law school students and some graduate students who are overseen by practicing attorneys. The goal of the Clinic is to provide students with "real-life" experiences representing older clients with a variety of Elder law issues.
For this special program, second and third year law students will discuss the major issues that concern seniors and caregivers including wills, probate, public entitlements, guardianship/conservatorship and their alternatives, landlord-tenant issues, elder abuse, age discrimination, planning for incapacity and death, consumer protection, power of attorney, and health care and medical treatment decisions.
The law students will be available for brief consultations on individual cases following the presentation.
Contact the Library two weeks in advance if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Aina Haina Public Library is located at 5246 Kalanianaole Highway. For more information, please call the Library at 377-2456.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- HUGS Celebrates the Lives of Seriously Ill Children
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11