Attend "Gear Up for College" Event at Kaimuki Library | Events
“Gear Up for College” will be presented at Kaimuki Public Library on Thursday, March 1 at 4 p.m. in the Young Adult Area.
Students in middle through high school who are thinking about going to college are invited to attend this free program. Parents are welcome to attend as well.
Claudia Martinez of the Kapiolani Community College Service-Learning Program will conduct the presentation and discuss topics such as taking the best courses in high school, selecting the college that’s right for you, and finding ways to pay for higher education.
This one-hour program is suitable for ages 12 and older. Call the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kaimuki Public Library is located at 1041 Koko Head Avenue, corner of Koko Head and Harding Avenues. In addition to the Library’s parking lot, program attendees may park in Kaimuki’s municipal lots. For more information, please call the Library during normal hours of operation at 733-8422.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- BLT Steak Waikiki extends employee discount to military for Armed Forces Day, May 18
- Man in critical condition after moped accident in Waikiki
- Shoreline makes waves in Waikiki with grand opening celebration
- Rare Hawaiian surfing book expected to fetch $40K
- Ala Moana Hotel Contest Celebrates the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards