Emergency Preparedness Workshop will be Presented at Kaimuki Library | Events
Did you know hurricane season is underway and runs through November 30? The Hawaii Red Cross and Kanu Hawaii are sponsoring a “Get Ready” Emergency Preparedness Workshop at Kaimuki Public Library on Sunday, November 6 at 2 p.m. in the Adult Reading Section.
This workshop will provide important information for Hawaii residents such as how to stay informed in the event of a hurricane or tsunami watch, when and where to evacuate, the difference between hurricane and tsunami shelters, how to make an emergency plan that ensures the safety of everyone, and the best resources available from the City & County of Honolulu, and the State and Federal Governments. The one-hour workshop is suitable for ages 12 and older.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kaimuki Public Library is located at 1041 Koko Head Avenue. For more information, please call the Library at 733-8422.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki