Emergency Preparedness Workshop will be Presented at Kaimuki Library | Events
Did you know hurricane season is underway and runs through November 30? The Hawaii Red Cross and Kanu Hawaii are sponsoring a “Get Ready” Emergency Preparedness Workshop at Kaimuki Public Library on Sunday, November 6 at 2 p.m. in the Adult Reading Section.
This workshop will provide important information for Hawaii residents such as how to stay informed in the event of a hurricane or tsunami watch, when and where to evacuate, the difference between hurricane and tsunami shelters, how to make an emergency plan that ensures the safety of everyone, and the best resources available from the City & County of Honolulu, and the State and Federal Governments. The one-hour workshop is suitable for ages 12 and older.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kaimuki Public Library is located at 1041 Koko Head Avenue. For more information, please call the Library at 733-8422.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- First ever Waikiki May Day Mele on the beach
- Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa Celebrates Stylish Grand Opening
- Coast Guard responding to spill in Ala Wai harbor
- Weeknight Waikiki parade draws big crowd, traffic
- Outrigger Enterprises Group Drives 86% More Mobile Bookings with Website Optimized by Mobify