Emergency Preparedness Workshop will be Presented at Kaimuki Library | Events
Did you know hurricane season is underway and runs through November 30? The Hawaii Red Cross and Kanu Hawaii are sponsoring a “Get Ready” Emergency Preparedness Workshop at Kaimuki Public Library on Sunday, November 6 at 2 p.m. in the Adult Reading Section.
This workshop will provide important information for Hawaii residents such as how to stay informed in the event of a hurricane or tsunami watch, when and where to evacuate, the difference between hurricane and tsunami shelters, how to make an emergency plan that ensures the safety of everyone, and the best resources available from the City & County of Honolulu, and the State and Federal Governments. The one-hour workshop is suitable for ages 12 and older.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kaimuki Public Library is located at 1041 Koko Head Avenue. For more information, please call the Library at 733-8422.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development