Emergency Preparedness Workshop will be Presented at Kaimuki Library | Events
Did you know hurricane season is underway and runs through November 30? The Hawaii Red Cross and Kanu Hawaii are sponsoring a “Get Ready” Emergency Preparedness Workshop at Kaimuki Public Library on Sunday, November 6 at 2 p.m. in the Adult Reading Section.
This workshop will provide important information for Hawaii residents such as how to stay informed in the event of a hurricane or tsunami watch, when and where to evacuate, the difference between hurricane and tsunami shelters, how to make an emergency plan that ensures the safety of everyone, and the best resources available from the City & County of Honolulu, and the State and Federal Governments. The one-hour workshop is suitable for ages 12 and older.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kaimuki Public Library is located at 1041 Koko Head Avenue. For more information, please call the Library at 733-8422.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19