Punahou Presents "What Every Parent Should Know" | Events
The public is invited to a free presentation by Horacio Sanchez, president and CEO of Resiliency, Inc., on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 7 - 8:30 p.m. in Punahou’s Thurston Memorial Chapel.
In a talk entitled “What Every Parent Should Know,” this national expert on resiliency will address societal trends that impact the ability of children and adolescents to focus, to demonstrate empathy and to resist impulsive behaviors. He’ll discuss what parents can do to support their children in dealing with today’s realities.
Sanchez has merged brain research, science and practice to create a revolutionary framework for understanding childhood development, disorders and treatment. The author of “A Mentor’s Guide to Promoting Resiliency” and “A Brain-Based Approach to Closing the Achievement Gap,” Sanchez is considered one of the foremost authorities on child and adolescent behavioral disorders and resiliency practice. He has been a teacher, school administrator, clinician and mental health director.
The event is presented by Punahou’s Institute for Teaching, Learning and Instructional Innovation. Free campus parking is available; seating is unreserved. For more information, call 943-3617.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search
- Two Public Libraries Reopen Following Tent Fumigation Closures