Punahou Presents "What Every Parent Should Know" | Events
The public is invited to a free presentation by Horacio Sanchez, president and CEO of Resiliency, Inc., on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 7 - 8:30 p.m. in Punahou’s Thurston Memorial Chapel.
In a talk entitled “What Every Parent Should Know,” this national expert on resiliency will address societal trends that impact the ability of children and adolescents to focus, to demonstrate empathy and to resist impulsive behaviors. He’ll discuss what parents can do to support their children in dealing with today’s realities.
Sanchez has merged brain research, science and practice to create a revolutionary framework for understanding childhood development, disorders and treatment. The author of “A Mentor’s Guide to Promoting Resiliency” and “A Brain-Based Approach to Closing the Achievement Gap,” Sanchez is considered one of the foremost authorities on child and adolescent behavioral disorders and resiliency practice. He has been a teacher, school administrator, clinician and mental health director.
The event is presented by Punahou’s Institute for Teaching, Learning and Instructional Innovation. Free campus parking is available; seating is unreserved. For more information, call 943-3617.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- First ever Waikiki May Day Mele on the beach
- Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa Celebrates Stylish Grand Opening
- Coast Guard responding to spill in Ala Wai harbor
- Weeknight Waikiki parade draws big crowd, traffic
- Outrigger Enterprises Group Drives 86% More Mobile Bookings with Website Optimized by Mobify