Punahou Presents "What Every Parent Should Know" | Events
The public is invited to a free presentation by Horacio Sanchez, president and CEO of Resiliency, Inc., on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 7 - 8:30 p.m. in Punahou’s Thurston Memorial Chapel.
In a talk entitled “What Every Parent Should Know,” this national expert on resiliency will address societal trends that impact the ability of children and adolescents to focus, to demonstrate empathy and to resist impulsive behaviors. He’ll discuss what parents can do to support their children in dealing with today’s realities.
Sanchez has merged brain research, science and practice to create a revolutionary framework for understanding childhood development, disorders and treatment. The author of “A Mentor’s Guide to Promoting Resiliency” and “A Brain-Based Approach to Closing the Achievement Gap,” Sanchez is considered one of the foremost authorities on child and adolescent behavioral disorders and resiliency practice. He has been a teacher, school administrator, clinician and mental health director.
The event is presented by Punahou’s Institute for Teaching, Learning and Instructional Innovation. Free campus parking is available; seating is unreserved. For more information, call 943-3617.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11