Punahou Presents "What Every Parent Should Know" | Events
The public is invited to a free presentation by Horacio Sanchez, president and CEO of Resiliency, Inc., on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 7 - 8:30 p.m. in Punahou’s Thurston Memorial Chapel.
In a talk entitled “What Every Parent Should Know,” this national expert on resiliency will address societal trends that impact the ability of children and adolescents to focus, to demonstrate empathy and to resist impulsive behaviors. He’ll discuss what parents can do to support their children in dealing with today’s realities.
Sanchez has merged brain research, science and practice to create a revolutionary framework for understanding childhood development, disorders and treatment. The author of “A Mentor’s Guide to Promoting Resiliency” and “A Brain-Based Approach to Closing the Achievement Gap,” Sanchez is considered one of the foremost authorities on child and adolescent behavioral disorders and resiliency practice. He has been a teacher, school administrator, clinician and mental health director.
The event is presented by Punahou’s Institute for Teaching, Learning and Instructional Innovation. Free campus parking is available; seating is unreserved. For more information, call 943-3617.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development