Graffiti Busting by McCully-Mo‘ili‘ili Neighbors on May 14th | Community Spirit
Do something good for your neighborhood? Meet us on Saturday, May 14, 2011, at 8:00 a.m., at the Prince Kuhio Elementary School cafeteria for a Totally Against Graffiti (T.A.G.) Team graffiti paint-out. Spend Saturday morning with your neighbors and businesses in the McCully-Mo‘ili‘ili area as we paint over graffiti, scrape off stickers, pick up rubbish in public spaces and clean streets. This would include the Mo‘ili‘ili Neighborhood Park, Crane Park, Ala Wai Park, the pillars beneath the freeway, the bus stops, street lamp poles, etc. The T.A.G. Team will provide all the tools you’ll need for the morning.
Ron Lockwood, one of the founders of T.A.G., adds, “The T.A.G. Team gives residents and business owners the tools they need to take control and restore neighborhood pride. As a result, support from the community has widened to include residents, businesses, schools, non-profit groups, and law enforcement agencies committed to eradicating graffiti from our neighborhood.”
See a video of our previous T.A.G. Team cleanup in October 2010: http://bit.ly/9ql7Af
As a bonus, on the same day, we are teaming up with the Pride in Mo‘ili‘ili cleanup crew of volunteers for double the cleaning power.
To volunteer or for more information on Totally Against Graffiti, contact Marilyn from T.A.G. at 944-4656 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on Pride in Mo‘ili‘ili, contact Greg Cuadra at 497-5212 or email@example.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki