Easter Seals Hawaii's - Sultan Early Intervention Program Hosts 2012 Graduation | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Jackie Smythe:
While graduation celebrations are happening all over the country, there is a very special graduation ceremony happening right here in Honolulu at the Sultan Schools Early intervention program. The Early Intervention program is designed to help infants and toddlers work toward developmental goals at a time in their lives when they are most ready to learn and can benefit most from intervention. This is one of the largest programs offered by Easter Seals Hawaii and is free of charge and available statewide. The graduation ceremony marks the completion of this program for these children and memorializes their readiness to begin their journey outside of the Sultan School.
For many, this very special day marks the beginning of a whole new life for the children as well as the parents and families. While at the Sultan School, the school provides family-centered, coordinated, and comprehensive programs for families with children from birth to age 3 who are experiencing or are at risk for developmental delays. These include fine motor skills, speech and physical therapy, assistance with adaptive equipment, and much more. Easter Seals Hawaii's early Intervention program was one of the first of its kind in the United States and is modeled nationally. Please join us for the very special celebration.
The Sultan School Graduation - Easter Seals Hawaii will take place on Friday, June 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Easter Seals Hawaii Courtyard, located at 710 Green Street.
About Easter Seals Hawaii - Established in 1947, Easter Seals Hawaii is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization offering 24 service programs on the islands of Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Lanai, and the Big Island. Easter Seals Hawaii's nearly 500 employees reach more than 5,000 individuals with disabilities and their families, delivering more than 500,000 hours of direct services annually.
Easter Seals Hawaii is the state's largest provider of Early Intervention services for infants and toddlers, and one of the state's largest providers of Medicaid Waiver services for adults with developmental disabilities. The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilties has awarded accrediation to Easter Seals Hawaii's Home & Community-Based Services.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki