Easter Seals Hawaii's - Sultan Early Intervention Program Hosts 2012 Graduation | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Jackie Smythe:
While graduation celebrations are happening all over the country, there is a very special graduation ceremony happening right here in Honolulu at the Sultan Schools Early intervention program. The Early Intervention program is designed to help infants and toddlers work toward developmental goals at a time in their lives when they are most ready to learn and can benefit most from intervention. This is one of the largest programs offered by Easter Seals Hawaii and is free of charge and available statewide. The graduation ceremony marks the completion of this program for these children and memorializes their readiness to begin their journey outside of the Sultan School.
For many, this very special day marks the beginning of a whole new life for the children as well as the parents and families. While at the Sultan School, the school provides family-centered, coordinated, and comprehensive programs for families with children from birth to age 3 who are experiencing or are at risk for developmental delays. These include fine motor skills, speech and physical therapy, assistance with adaptive equipment, and much more. Easter Seals Hawaii's early Intervention program was one of the first of its kind in the United States and is modeled nationally. Please join us for the very special celebration.
The Sultan School Graduation - Easter Seals Hawaii will take place on Friday, June 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Easter Seals Hawaii Courtyard, located at 710 Green Street.
About Easter Seals Hawaii - Established in 1947, Easter Seals Hawaii is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization offering 24 service programs on the islands of Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Lanai, and the Big Island. Easter Seals Hawaii's nearly 500 employees reach more than 5,000 individuals with disabilities and their families, delivering more than 500,000 hours of direct services annually.
Easter Seals Hawaii is the state's largest provider of Early Intervention services for infants and toddlers, and one of the state's largest providers of Medicaid Waiver services for adults with developmental disabilities. The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilties has awarded accrediation to Easter Seals Hawaii's Home & Community-Based Services.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search
- Two Public Libraries Reopen Following Tent Fumigation Closures