'Hats Off!' A Komen Race Event | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Chimain Pouteau:
A “Hats Off!” Tea for the Hawai‘i Affiliate of Susan G. Komen on May 19 will be the kickoff for this year’s Race for the Cure. The Susan G. Komen Hawai‘i Race for the Cure® is celebrating its eighteenth year with the theme Empowered @ 18, and what better way to get things rolling than with a party! Join us on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 1:30-4:30 pm, as we kick off another year of support and fellowship in our fight against breast cancer.
Find out what we have planned for this year’s Race while enjoying high tea, an on-site hat-making contest, silent auction, surprise entertainment and more. Pink attitude required!
Tickets for the Hats Off! Tea are $30.00 apiece and can be purchased by calling either 754.6659 or 282.1728. For further details, check our flier at www.komenhawaii.org.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Waioli Tea Room • Manoa
More than 7,500 runners and walkers are expected at Kapiolani Park on Sunday, October 21, 2012, for the 18th annual Susan G. Komen Hawai‘i Race for the Cure. Our theme this year is Empowered @18 – Together, We Make a Difference. Last year we raised more than $675,000 for the cause.
The Race for the Cure celebrates breast cancer survivors, remembers those lost to breast cancer and reminds us that we only reach the finish line when we find a cure. Approximately 75 percent of proceeds will fund breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs in Hawai‘i. At least 25 percent will help fund the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Hawaii Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Hawaii Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure, the Hawaii Affiliate has invested $1.5 million in community breast cancer programs in the state. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the affiliate stays in Hawaii. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. For more information, call 808-754-6659 or visit www.komenhawaii.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- KCAA Preschools of Hawaii announces new board member
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe Good Friday Holiday and Easter
- Give Back and Get More at Ward Centers from May 2 to 4
- Island Sole and OluKai Pair Up to Donate Footwear to Hawai‘i’s Lifeguards
- maluhia honua – 2014 aloha festivals to honor polynesian voyaging society’s world voyage
- Crumbling concrete on walkway poses danger to Waikiki beachgoers
- Group aims to build Waikiki condominium hotel
- $160 Million superyacht cruises Hawaiian islands
- City starts work on two new sewer lines following Ala Wai disaster
- Westin Resorts in Hawaii hold well-being open houses to kick off global wellness movement