Official SAH launch events | Community Spirit
Information provided by: The Sustainability Association of Hawaii (SAH).
Since 2008, our Board of sustainable businesses leaders, organizations, and professionals from across the state has been convening regularly to identify and leverage sustainable business trends and practices in Hawaii. SAH is theVoice of Green Business in Hawaii—it is a statewide consortium of sustainability leaders and organizations committed to growing sustainable business practices across the islands. Check out the attached SAH Update and flyers for the following Official Launch Events happening Tuesday April 3rd:
New Sustainable Business Track at the DEBDT 2012 Build and Buy Green Conference & ExpoTuesday, April 3rd, 8 AM-4:30 PM @ the Honolulu Convention
CenterSAH is collaborating with DBEDT to introduce a new sustainable business track titled, “Sustainable Business Strategies for Today’s Economy” as part of Hawaii’s 12th annual Build & Buy Green event, the state’s largest green business conference and expo. Register by March 16 for nearly 50% off!Registration & Exhibitor Information:www.green.hawaii-conference.com
Official SAH Launch Party @ Green Drinks Featuring Build & Buy Green Keynote David LevineTuesday, April 3rd, 5:30-8:00 PM @ Fresh Café, 831 Queen’s Street
Immediately following the Build & Buy Green Conference, SAH is co-hosting a celebratory Green Drinks with Build & Buy Green keynote speaker American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) founder and Executive Director, David Levine. Please join us for drinks and pupus as we celebrate joining the ASBC and a job well done at the 2012 Build & Buy Green. Call for Nominations--The Sustainability Association of Hawaii Business of the Year Award—2012. The call for nominations closes Friday, MARCH 16, 2012.
In honor of local Hawai'i businesses leading the way in the areas of sustainability policies and practices, outstanding community involvement, employee relations, and overall environmental stewardship, the SAH is proud to announce the first annual SAH Business of the Year Award.
The winner will receive: A complimentary Sustainability Association of Hawaii Membership· FREE registration for two people to attend DBEDT's 12th Annual Hawaii Build and Buy Green Conference & Expo. The winning organization will be notified in advance and be awarded their prize during the SAH Green Drinks Pau Hana immediately following the Hawaii Build & Buy Green Conference & Expo. Nominate your favorite local business! Visit: http://www.sahawaii.org/p/awards.html
In the coming quarters, SAH plans to have a full schedule of networking and educational events; create greater awareness of the locally available green business resources, organizations, and professionals in Hawaii; and become even more involved in state and national sustainable business policy education and advocacy.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- BLT Steak Waikiki extends employee discount to military for Armed Forces Day, May 18
- Man in critical condition after moped accident in Waikiki
- Shoreline makes waves in Waikiki with grand opening celebration
- Rare Hawaiian surfing book expected to fetch $40K
- Ala Moana Hotel Contest Celebrates the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards