Mid-Pacific Institute's Ho'olaule'a featured games, food and talent | Community Spirit
Nearly 2,000 students, teachers, faculty and parents attended Mid-Pacific Institute's Ho'olaule'a fair on Friday, March 16.
The annual event featured rock climbing, train rides, huge inflatable amusements, "mano a mano" Air Bot combat, a wide variety of food, and a concert starring local recording artists Natural Vibrations, Anuhea, Nesian NINE and Micah G. Students danced on the grass in rhythm with the pros as well as their school mates who competed in a talent contest.
Riley Graves-Lock and Kalama Epstein (video above), both sixth graders, won the middle school talent contest with their version of Maroon 5's "My Heart's a Stereo." Eighth grader Kai Wilding took second with his rousing performance of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy."
Hau'oli Moniz took first in the high school division with a passionate interpretation of Adele's "Someone Like You." Marielle Nakai placed second with her rendition of "Sunday Morning."
The Ho'olaule'a was put together by 250 Mid-Pac volunteers. The Mid-Pac Alumni Association handled a successful bake sale outside the gym.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11