Designer for a Day Announces Winners of Community Service Campaign | Community Spirit
Designer for a Day today announced that seven Hawaii non-profit organizations are the recipients of its inaugural Designer for a Dream program, a special community service campaign that features free online design consultations and space makeover projects. In addition, Designer for a Day is partnering with Chaminade University to provide students real-world interior design experience to complete the free makeovers.
The Designer for a Dream winners are:
- March of Dimes
- Life Foundation
- Kahi Mohala
- Kumu Kahua Theatre
- CUC Thrift Store (Central Union Church)
- YWCA of Hawaii Island (Hilo)
Receiving full-day design makeovers of a selected space ($1,500 value) are March of Dimes and Life Foundation. Groups awarded a half-day comprehensive design service consultation via www.designerforadayhawaii.com ($750 value) are Kahi Mohala, Kumu Kahua Theatre, PARENTS, CUC Thrift Store (Central Union Church), and YWCA of Hawaii Island (Hilo).
“We are so thrilled to be working with these organizations that do so much for our island communities,” said Jean Wall, ASID. “The response to Designer for a Dream has been overwhelming and we’re excited to share our services with these groups.”
Designer for a Day has invited Chaminade University interior design students to collaborate on implementing Designer for a Dream.
“It’s a great opportunity for the students to gain some valuable work experience,” said Joan Robinson-Whitaker, ASID. “They’ll be involved in all phases of the design consultation, from analyzing the needs of the non-profit groups to designing creative space solutions.”
Designer for a Dream projects with the seven non-profit organizations will take place from now until June.
Designer for a Day is a collaboration of award-winning interior designers Jean Wall, ASID, and Joan Robinson-Whitaker, ASID, who collectively have more than 50 years of design experience. This talented team provides a service that redesigns a room/s or an office/s in a matter of hours, at an affordable price. Using the existing furniture, art, and accessories, Designer For A Day analyzes a client’s needs and vision, and then transforms the interior, creating incredibly beautiful living and working spaces that reflect the client’s unique tastes, personalities, lifestyles and work environments. Learn more at www.designerforadayhawaii.com or by calling (808) 486-9191.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development