Designer for a Day Announces Winners of Community Service Campaign | Community Spirit
Designer for a Day today announced that seven Hawaii non-profit organizations are the recipients of its inaugural Designer for a Dream program, a special community service campaign that features free online design consultations and space makeover projects. In addition, Designer for a Day is partnering with Chaminade University to provide students real-world interior design experience to complete the free makeovers.
The Designer for a Dream winners are:
- March of Dimes
- Life Foundation
- Kahi Mohala
- Kumu Kahua Theatre
- CUC Thrift Store (Central Union Church)
- YWCA of Hawaii Island (Hilo)
Receiving full-day design makeovers of a selected space ($1,500 value) are March of Dimes and Life Foundation. Groups awarded a half-day comprehensive design service consultation via www.designerforadayhawaii.com ($750 value) are Kahi Mohala, Kumu Kahua Theatre, PARENTS, CUC Thrift Store (Central Union Church), and YWCA of Hawaii Island (Hilo).
“We are so thrilled to be working with these organizations that do so much for our island communities,” said Jean Wall, ASID. “The response to Designer for a Dream has been overwhelming and we’re excited to share our services with these groups.”
Designer for a Day has invited Chaminade University interior design students to collaborate on implementing Designer for a Dream.
“It’s a great opportunity for the students to gain some valuable work experience,” said Joan Robinson-Whitaker, ASID. “They’ll be involved in all phases of the design consultation, from analyzing the needs of the non-profit groups to designing creative space solutions.”
Designer for a Dream projects with the seven non-profit organizations will take place from now until June.
Designer for a Day is a collaboration of award-winning interior designers Jean Wall, ASID, and Joan Robinson-Whitaker, ASID, who collectively have more than 50 years of design experience. This talented team provides a service that redesigns a room/s or an office/s in a matter of hours, at an affordable price. Using the existing furniture, art, and accessories, Designer For A Day analyzes a client’s needs and vision, and then transforms the interior, creating incredibly beautiful living and working spaces that reflect the client’s unique tastes, personalities, lifestyles and work environments. Learn more at www.designerforadayhawaii.com or by calling (808) 486-9191.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11