Daniel H. Case Honored with Philanthropy Award | Community Spirit
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), an international membership organization of 3,400 colleges and universities, primary and secondary independent and international schools and nonprofit organizations, presented Punahou School Trustee Emeritus Daniel H. Case with its 2012 Seymour Preston Award on Feb. 6, 2012, during the CASE annual conference in San Francisco.
Each year, the award is given to an independent-school trustee who provides exceptional leadership in developing voluntary support for an institution. Case, an attorney, served on the Punahou School Board of Trustees from 1970 to 2000 and played a leadership role in four capital campaigns, which collectively raised nearly $120 million for the School.
“Dan has been an inspiration to his colleagues and friends for generations,” said Punahou School President Jim Scott. “We are pleased and honored that he is being recognized as an exemplary and inspiring volunteer leader.”
“I am very honored to receive the Seymour Preston Award,” said Case, noting that the recognition also highlighted the work of the School.
Daniel H. Case is Of Counsel to the Honolulu law firm of Case Lombardi & Pettit and was president of the Hawai‘i State Bar Association in 1978. Case is a graduate of Williams College and the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. As a Punahou School trustee, he chaired the steering committee for the School’s 150th anniversary; as trustee emeritus he is now a member of the planning committee for Punahou’s 175th anniversary. Case established an endowed fund in memory of his son, Daniel III, to help integrate entrepreneurial thinking into the School’s curriculum. He served as president of the Punahou Alumni Association and has been a mentor for trustees, volunteers and fellow alumni.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- KCAA Preschools of Hawaii announces new board member
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe Good Friday Holiday and Easter
- Give Back and Get More at Ward Centers from May 2 to 4
- Island Sole and OluKai Pair Up to Donate Footwear to Hawai‘i’s Lifeguards
- maluhia honua – 2014 aloha festivals to honor polynesian voyaging society’s world voyage
- Crumbling concrete on walkway poses danger to Waikiki beachgoers
- Group aims to build Waikiki condominium hotel
- $160 Million superyacht cruises Hawaiian islands
- City starts work on two new sewer lines following Ala Wai disaster
- Westin Resorts in Hawaii hold well-being open houses to kick off global wellness movement