Daniel H. Case Honored with Philanthropy Award | Community Spirit
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), an international membership organization of 3,400 colleges and universities, primary and secondary independent and international schools and nonprofit organizations, presented Punahou School Trustee Emeritus Daniel H. Case with its 2012 Seymour Preston Award on Feb. 6, 2012, during the CASE annual conference in San Francisco.
Each year, the award is given to an independent-school trustee who provides exceptional leadership in developing voluntary support for an institution. Case, an attorney, served on the Punahou School Board of Trustees from 1970 to 2000 and played a leadership role in four capital campaigns, which collectively raised nearly $120 million for the School.
“Dan has been an inspiration to his colleagues and friends for generations,” said Punahou School President Jim Scott. “We are pleased and honored that he is being recognized as an exemplary and inspiring volunteer leader.”
“I am very honored to receive the Seymour Preston Award,” said Case, noting that the recognition also highlighted the work of the School.
Daniel H. Case is Of Counsel to the Honolulu law firm of Case Lombardi & Pettit and was president of the Hawai‘i State Bar Association in 1978. Case is a graduate of Williams College and the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. As a Punahou School trustee, he chaired the steering committee for the School’s 150th anniversary; as trustee emeritus he is now a member of the planning committee for Punahou’s 175th anniversary. Case established an endowed fund in memory of his son, Daniel III, to help integrate entrepreneurial thinking into the School’s curriculum. He served as president of the Punahou Alumni Association and has been a mentor for trustees, volunteers and fellow alumni.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Hawaii Pacific Solar installs PV at no cost to three more Oahu schools
- American Red Cross: Nurse Assistant Training Program
- Honolulu HomeLoans Announces Top Producers for June
- Y. HATA’S NEW CASH AND CARRY WHOLESALE CLUB, CHEFZONE, HIRING AND ACCEPTING FREE MEMBERSHIPS
- Island Insurance the only Hawaii-based firm named a Top 50 P&C insurer for seven consecutive years
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki