Punahou School Students Assist with Cleanup of Hale Kipa Facility | Community Spirit
More than a dozen students from the Punahou School varsity football team assisted Hale Kipa with the removal of furniture and other bulky items from its Loulou Street facility on Jan. 21, 2012.
The students, along with Hale Kipa Board members Greg Sitar, Stacy Evensen and Heidi Wild, and Punahou parent Sione Tuiasoa, spent the day moving the items as part of the Board’s continuing cleanup and remodeling of the facility. In total, three large truckloads of items were removed, saving Hale Kipa thousands of dollars in truck rental and moving costs.
“It really was a great project, and the boys were a great help to Hale Kipa,” Sitar said. “Hale Kipa probably would have had to hire professional movers to do what the boys did, and with money so short for nonprofits, what they did was tremendous.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development