Punahou School Students Assist with Cleanup of Hale Kipa Facility | Community Spirit
More than a dozen students from the Punahou School varsity football team assisted Hale Kipa with the removal of furniture and other bulky items from its Loulou Street facility on Jan. 21, 2012.
The students, along with Hale Kipa Board members Greg Sitar, Stacy Evensen and Heidi Wild, and Punahou parent Sione Tuiasoa, spent the day moving the items as part of the Board’s continuing cleanup and remodeling of the facility. In total, three large truckloads of items were removed, saving Hale Kipa thousands of dollars in truck rental and moving costs.
“It really was a great project, and the boys were a great help to Hale Kipa,” Sitar said. “Hale Kipa probably would have had to hire professional movers to do what the boys did, and with money so short for nonprofits, what they did was tremendous.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- KCAA Preschools of Hawaii announces new board member
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe Good Friday Holiday and Easter
- Give Back and Get More at Ward Centers from May 2 to 4
- Island Sole and OluKai Pair Up to Donate Footwear to Hawai‘i’s Lifeguards
- maluhia honua – 2014 aloha festivals to honor polynesian voyaging society’s world voyage
- Crumbling concrete on walkway poses danger to Waikiki beachgoers
- Group aims to build Waikiki condominium hotel
- $160 Million superyacht cruises Hawaiian islands
- City starts work on two new sewer lines following Ala Wai disaster
- Westin Resorts in Hawaii hold well-being open houses to kick off global wellness movement