Punahou School Students Assist with Cleanup of Hale Kipa Facility | Community Spirit
More than a dozen students from the Punahou School varsity football team assisted Hale Kipa with the removal of furniture and other bulky items from its Loulou Street facility on Jan. 21, 2012.
The students, along with Hale Kipa Board members Greg Sitar, Stacy Evensen and Heidi Wild, and Punahou parent Sione Tuiasoa, spent the day moving the items as part of the Board’s continuing cleanup and remodeling of the facility. In total, three large truckloads of items were removed, saving Hale Kipa thousands of dollars in truck rental and moving costs.
“It really was a great project, and the boys were a great help to Hale Kipa,” Sitar said. “Hale Kipa probably would have had to hire professional movers to do what the boys did, and with money so short for nonprofits, what they did was tremendous.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- First ever Waikiki May Day Mele on the beach
- Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa Celebrates Stylish Grand Opening
- Coast Guard responding to spill in Ala Wai harbor
- Weeknight Waikiki parade draws big crowd, traffic
- Outrigger Enterprises Group Drives 86% More Mobile Bookings with Website Optimized by Mobify