Punahou School Students Assist with Cleanup of Hale Kipa Facility | Community Spirit
More than a dozen students from the Punahou School varsity football team assisted Hale Kipa with the removal of furniture and other bulky items from its Loulou Street facility on Jan. 21, 2012.
The students, along with Hale Kipa Board members Greg Sitar, Stacy Evensen and Heidi Wild, and Punahou parent Sione Tuiasoa, spent the day moving the items as part of the Board’s continuing cleanup and remodeling of the facility. In total, three large truckloads of items were removed, saving Hale Kipa thousands of dollars in truck rental and moving costs.
“It really was a great project, and the boys were a great help to Hale Kipa,” Sitar said. “Hale Kipa probably would have had to hire professional movers to do what the boys did, and with money so short for nonprofits, what they did was tremendous.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search
- Two Public Libraries Reopen Following Tent Fumigation Closures