Punahou School Students Assist with Cleanup of Hale Kipa Facility | Community Spirit
More than a dozen students from the Punahou School varsity football team assisted Hale Kipa with the removal of furniture and other bulky items from its Loulou Street facility on Jan. 21, 2012.
The students, along with Hale Kipa Board members Greg Sitar, Stacy Evensen and Heidi Wild, and Punahou parent Sione Tuiasoa, spent the day moving the items as part of the Board’s continuing cleanup and remodeling of the facility. In total, three large truckloads of items were removed, saving Hale Kipa thousands of dollars in truck rental and moving costs.
“It really was a great project, and the boys were a great help to Hale Kipa,” Sitar said. “Hale Kipa probably would have had to hire professional movers to do what the boys did, and with money so short for nonprofits, what they did was tremendous.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shot fired during Kalihi robbery, suspect escapes
- Affordable rentals in Iwilei now accepting applications
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode