Aloha Petroleum donates $18,000 to support March of Dimes | Community Spirit
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. recently presented the March of Dimes, Hawaii Chapter with a $17,916.64 donation to support the organization’s mission to improve the health of babies and expectant mothers.
“As a kama’aina company, we are deeply committed to being strong community partners by supporting charitable organizations like the March of Dimes. The work they do, to help Hawaii’s mothers and babies, supports countless families in our state,” said Richard Parry, president and CEO of Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. “Mahalo to our generous customers for making this donation possible.”
During January and February, Aloha Petroleum raised $17,916.64 for the March of Dimes, through a combination of canister donations and by selling World’s Finest Chocolate at Aloha Island Mart convenience stores.
“We are honored to have the support of Aloha Petroleum and its generous customers,” said Carmella Hernandez, state director of the March of Dimes, Hawaii Chapter. “Community support fuels our organization, and helps us reach more mothers and babies throughout the state.”
About Aloha Petroleum, Ltd.
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. is the largest independently owned gasoline marketer and convenience store operator in the state, with a history in Hawaii that dates back to the early 1900s. Aloha employs more than 500 Hawaii residents and markets through more than 100 Shell, Aloha, and Mahalo branded fueling stations in the state. Aloha Petroleum was recently ranked 10th among Hawaii’s Top 250 companies by Hawaii Business magazine. More information is available at alohagas.com.
About March of Dimes
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide and its premier event, March for Babies, the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org.
# # #
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11