Aloha Petroleum donates $18,000 to support March of Dimes | Community Spirit
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. recently presented the March of Dimes, Hawaii Chapter with a $17,916.64 donation to support the organization’s mission to improve the health of babies and expectant mothers.
“As a kama’aina company, we are deeply committed to being strong community partners by supporting charitable organizations like the March of Dimes. The work they do, to help Hawaii’s mothers and babies, supports countless families in our state,” said Richard Parry, president and CEO of Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. “Mahalo to our generous customers for making this donation possible.”
During January and February, Aloha Petroleum raised $17,916.64 for the March of Dimes, through a combination of canister donations and by selling World’s Finest Chocolate at Aloha Island Mart convenience stores.
“We are honored to have the support of Aloha Petroleum and its generous customers,” said Carmella Hernandez, state director of the March of Dimes, Hawaii Chapter. “Community support fuels our organization, and helps us reach more mothers and babies throughout the state.”
About Aloha Petroleum, Ltd.
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. is the largest independently owned gasoline marketer and convenience store operator in the state, with a history in Hawaii that dates back to the early 1900s. Aloha employs more than 500 Hawaii residents and markets through more than 100 Shell, Aloha, and Mahalo branded fueling stations in the state. Aloha Petroleum was recently ranked 10th among Hawaii’s Top 250 companies by Hawaii Business magazine. More information is available at alohagas.com.
About March of Dimes
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide and its premier event, March for Babies, the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org.
# # #
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Hawai'i Pacific University to Launch Global Lecture Series with $50,000 Grant from Hawaiian Electric
- Retail Merchants of Hawai‘i Launches New Statewide Training Program
- Wet'n'Wild Hawaii Gets Ice Cold
- Show Your Aloha Spirit By Purchasing Aloha Festivals Merchandise
- Medical Grants Available for Children in Hawaii