2011 ‘Have a Heart – Save a Heart’ presentations at Roosevelt High School on May 23, 25 | Community Spirit
On May 23 and 25, Brent Kunimoto, president of Diamond Bakery, shared heartwarming aloha by making 2011 “Have a Heart – Save a Heart” presentations to American Heart Assn. – Hawaii and Roosevelt High School.
Roosevelt received an Automated External Defibrillator and CPR training for over 1000 students, faculty and staff and American Heart Assn. received a $2500 check.
About “Have a Heart, Save a Heart”
“Have a Heart, Save a Heart” is a statewide community program by Diamond Bakery to elevate awareness of maintaining a healthy heart. A portion of the profits heart healthy cracker sales during January, February (Heart Month) and March are donated to the American Heart Assn. – Hawaii chapter for education, research and to purchase of Automated External Defibrillators.
About Diamond Bakery
Founded in 1921 by Japanese immigrant families, Diamond Bakery has been making crackers and cookies and sharing heartwarming aloha for nearly 90 years.
From the small bakery that began on South King Street, with its namesake Diamond Head in its view, the company has grown in size and tradition and today offers more than 100 different crackers and cookie items. Each cookie and cracker is baked fresh with aloha and hand- selected for perfection.
Diamond Bakery products include: The Original Soda Crackers; Saloon Pilot Crackers; Original, Maui Sugar and Cinnamon Graham Crackers; Original, Coconut and Ginger Royal Creems; Regular Animal (see photo), Candy Bead, Chocolate Chip and Coconut Cookies.
For more information on Diamond Bakery’s full line of products, visit the website at www.diamondbakery.com or call (808) 847-3551.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki