Island Subaru Hosts “Share the Love” event on December 1 in Kahului | Community Spirit
Island Subaru Hosts “Share the Love” event on December 1 in Kahului
Public invited donate pet supplies, adopt wildlife or sign up as mentors for keiki
WHAT: Island Subaru invites the public to attend “Share the Love” day on December 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The dealership will host an engaging event on behalf of Maui SPCA, Hawaii Wildlife Fund and Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii.
SPCA Maui will have information about affordable spay/neuter services and the benefits of "fixing your pet" plus information on adoptable cats and dogs. In addition, the public is encouraged to stop by and donate pet care supplies such as bleach, cat litter, dish soap, paper towels, trash bags, old linens (towels, blankets and sheets). Dry food, wet food and pet treats will also be collected and distributed through SPCA Maui’s Pet Food Bank program.
Hawaii Wildlife Fund will have information about their wildlife adoptions program. The public is invited to “Share the Love” and contribute to the recovery of native marine life. A 8.5 x 11 framed certificate and turtle friendly reusable bag is included with the adoption of a sea turtle, monk seal, whale or dolphin.
BBBS will have information about how to become a trained volunteer (“Big”) to provide one-on-one mentoring that is professionally supported by a case manager. The public is invited to “Share the Love” and positively change the life of keiki with the invaluable gift of friendship that has positive impact for youth in areas of academics, socio-emotional and behavioral outcomes, high school graduation rates, avoidance of juvenile delinquency and college or career readiness.
WHEN: Saturday, December 1
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Island Subaru, 110 Hana Highway, Kahului, Maui, HI 96732
- Cute dogs and kittens looking for forever homes.
- Public donating pet care supplies and checking out dogs and kittens for adoption.
· Public receiving $25 Petco gift card with every adoption.
· Sign wavers on the street encouraging public to stop by to donate supplies or adopt a pet.
· Peter Teirney, Vice President, SPCA Maui.
· Eric Santiago, Sales Manager, Island Subaru.
***O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C***
Share the Love event benefits Hawaii non-profits
About Subaru Hawaii
Subaru Hawaii sells vehicles across a network of five dealership locations statewide – Big Island Subaru – Hilo and Kona; Island Subaru in Kahului; and Servco Subaru – Mapunapuna and Waialae. Subaru is the only automotive manufacturer to receive the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Picks for all models for the past three years. All Subaru products are built in zero-landfill production plants where 100 percent of waste is recycled or turned into electricity. For additional information on Subaru Hawaii, visit www.subaruhawaii.com.
About SPCA Maui
The mission of SPCA Maui is to create a "no more homeless pets" Maui and stop the killing of companion animals as a means of population control. The immediate vision of the SPCA Maui is to provide spay/neuter education and services to all pet lovers in a convenient and affordable manner. Our long-term vision includes a Mobile Spay/Neuter Unit and establishing a new, state of the art animal sanctuary to assist the community when re-homing is necessary and providing a lifelong home when that is not possible. Learn more at spcamaui.org or call 808-280-0738.
About Hawaii Wildlife Fund
Hawaii Wildlife Fund (HWF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of Hawaii's native wildlife through research, education and conservation. HWF's team are educators, conservationists, researchers, naturalists, communities, volunteers and donors devoted to the preservation of Hawaii's fragile marine ecosystem and inhabitants. Learn more at wildhawaii.org or call 808.280.8124.
About Big Brothers & Big Sisters Hawaii
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Hawaii has partnered with guardians, schools, corporations and others in the community to pair children (“Littles”) with carefully screened and trained volunteer mentors (“Bigs”). A unique service of BBBS is that each one of these mentoring relationships is monitored and professionally supported by a case manager focused on creating a healthy bond between the individuals. Learn more at bbbshawaii.org or call 808.695.4571.
Paul Lam, Servco Pacific Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.564.2329
Jennifer Dotson, Pang Communications
email@example.com / 808.779.0350
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11
- New Honolulu bills target homelessness in Waikiki