Ward Centers Welcomes T.J.Maxx to Ward Village Shops | Business
T.J.Maxx to be the first major tenant in Ward Village Shops, Ward Centers’ newest addition in a multi-million dollar renovation project
T.J.Maxx opened on May 3, 2012 in the newly completed Ward Village Shops and will offer a smarter shopping option to those looking for great deals. Conveniently located within walking distance of the Ward 16 Theatre, and popular Ward Centers shops and restaurants like Dave & Buster’s, Kua‘Aina Sandwich, Marukai Market Place and Nordstrom Rack, T.J.Maxx will incite a fashionista frenzy in the already bustling Kaka‘ako area.
“We are thrilled to welcome T.J.Maxx as our first tenant in Ward Village Shops,” said Bobbie Lau, general manager of Ward Centers. “Ward Centers is a premier shopping, dining and entertainment center for residents and tourists, and the addition of T.J.Maxx is a great fit for our unique complex of shops and restaurants.”
Ward Village Shops, located at 1170 Auahi Street, is Ward Centers’ most recent addition that began with a new parking garage which accommodates more than 700 cars. The completion of the parking lot was the first phase of a multi-million dollar redevelopment project for The Ward Village Shops block. Dedicated to providing easy access to customers, the parking complex has several entrances to the garage and stores, and has incorporated alternative fuel vehicle parking spaces.
The Ward Village Shops and parking structure complex is a beautiful structure in itself. T.J.Maxx will occupy 36,000 square feet of the new state of the art building complete with oversized elevators for shoppers and goods. A large glass wall creates a feeling of openness in the store and utilizes natural sunlight. Customers entering from Auahi Street can admire the illuminated exterior wall and a new courtyard plaza which has water features and lush landscaping. At the ground level of the new building, an additional 30,000 square feet is available for a future tenant.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation