Thousands of Students Learn Value of Saving from Bank of Hawaii Volunteers | Business
16th Annual Teach Children to Save Day an Opportunity for Students at Jefferson Elementary School to Learn Important Life Lessons
Throughout April, Bank of Hawaii volunteers broke out their paper, pencils and calculators to teach thousands of students across the state the importance of saving money. On Tuesday, Bank of Hawaii volunteers visited 400 students at President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School in Waikiki for Teach Children to Save Day. Volunteers coached students in kindergarten through fifth grade with interactive lessons aimed to develop lifelong saving habits.
Throughout the month of April, more than 175 Bank of Hawaii (BOH) volunteers taught financial literacy lessons to almost 4,000 students from 31 elementary, middle and high schools across the state for Teach Children to Save. BOH volunteers worked with students at 15 schools on Oahu, and 16 schools on the neighbor islands.
Teach Children to Save is a national campaign that encourages financial literacy for children through age-appropriate lessons like "Dollars and Cents Sense," "Saving for a Sunny Day," "Easy Come, Easy Go" and more.
Teach Children to Save works to partner banks with students for lessons on the importance of saving. For more information on Teach Children to Save, visit www.teachchildrentosave.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11