Study Sessions for Firefighter Entrance Exams in Papakolea | Business
Information courtesy: PCDC
Fire Fighter Entrance Exam Study Sessions
What: Papakolea Community Development Corporation (PCDC), formed in 1999 to provide services to the residents of the Hawaiian homestead neighborhoods of Papakolea, Kewalo and Kalawahine in partnership with Kula no na Po’e Hawaii along with a generous grant from the Office of Hawaiian Affairs
When: Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm.
Where: Papakolea Community Park which is located at 2150 Tantalus Drive, Honolulu.
Instructor: Richard Soo, HFD Fire Captain, retired
Why: The youth adults in the community expressed a desire for assistance in preparing to take the Honolulu Fire Department (HFD) Recruit Entrance Examination to be held on Saturday, June 23, 2012. As a result of this request, two study sessions were scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis and a mailer sent out to the community. The response was overwhelming and a third study session was scheduled. Note: The HFD Recruit Entrance Examination is given once every three years so the next exam will be given in 2015 generally over 6,000 individuals sign up online to take this exam.
Who: A total of 72 individuals have registered for the three study sessions – 64 males and 8 females with over 50% self-declared as Native Hawaiian.
Topics to be covered: Becoming a Fire Fighter, Overview of the Fire Fighter, Understanding Fire Service Terminology, Physical, Medical Abilities, Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT), CPAT Tips and Techniques, Written Fire Fighter Exams = Test Strategies, Diagnose Your Problem Areas, Strategies for Handling Recall, Visualization and Spatial Orientation Questions.There is no charge for these Study Sessions and the Sessions have been FULL for over a month. Attendees will receive at no cost through a generous grant from OHA, Barron’s “Firefighter Exams” 6th Edition.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Verizon Wireless Hawaii Celebrates Customers This Weekend
- Hawai'i Pacific University to Launch Global Lecture Series with $50,000 Grant from Hawaiian Electric
- Retail Merchants of Hawai‘i Launches New Statewide Training Program
- Wet'n'Wild Hawaii Gets Ice Cold
- Show Your Aloha Spirit By Purchasing Aloha Festivals Merchandise