Mark Tawara Named SMPS National Fellow | Business
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) announces that Mark Tawara has been named a Fellow of the organization. He was honored during the SMPS National Conference Awards Gala in Chicago on August 25.
Mark is the former director of marketing for Belt Collins and recently launched his own marketing consulting firm, Marketability, LLC. He was one of the founding members of the SMPS Hawaii Chapter when it was chartered in 2007 and served as its second president. During his tenure as president, the Hawaii Chapter received a first place Striving for Excellence Award from SMPS, and Mark was also named National Chapter President of the Year in 2009.
Mark’s new business provides marketing consulting services to companies focused on the built environment, including architects, engineers, planners, environmental consultants, contractors, and industry-related vendors/suppliers. In addition, the firm provides marketing and communication services for projects requiring public outreach components, such as environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, and master plans. He also provides consulting services to assist professional trade associations grow and thrive.
Being proficient in using technology to enhance marketing communications, Mark has served as webmaster and/or communications chair for various professional organizations, including the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Honolulu Chapter, American Planning Association (APA) Hawaii Chapter, and SMPS Hawaii. In July, Mark received the 2011 APA Hawaii Chapter Volunteer Service Award for his six years of service as webmaster for the APA Hawaii Chapter. He is currently serving as communications chair for the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Honolulu Post, co-chair of the Chapter President of the Year Awards committee for SMPS National, and as a director at large for SMPS Hawaii. He is also on the board of directors for Nā ‘Ohana, the parent association of St. Clement’s School in Makiki. Mark can be reached via his website at www.marketability.pro.
The Fellows of SMPS represent the highest level of experience and leadership in marketing within the design and building industry. They serve as a resource at the chapter, regional, and national levels of SMPS, providing insight, ideas, programs, and mentoring for the benefit of the members and the Society. In addition, these individuals teach, write, and speak on marketing issues outside of SMPS, working to advance the profession of marketing professional services throughout the architectural, engineering, and construction industry. Only members who have been active in the Society for more than 10 years and who hold a current Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) designation are qualified to apply for the Fellows Recognition Program. Fellows are selected by a jury of Fellows appointed by the Fellows Delegate to the National Board of Directors.
Founded in 1973, SMPS represents a dynamic network of 6,000+ marketing and business development professionals from architectural, engineering, planning, interior design, construction, and specialty consulting firms located throughout the United States and Canada. The Society and its chapters benefit from the support of 3,700 design and building firms, encompassing 80% of the Engineering News–Record Top 500 Design Firms and Top 400 Contractors. The mission of SMPS is to advocate for, educate, and connect leaders in the building industry. Visit the SMPS National website at www.smps.org or the SMPS Hawaii Chapter website at www.smpshawaii.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11