Servco Makes Magic For Leahi Hospital Residents | Business
HONOLULU – www.servco.com – Leahi hospital residents and family members were treated to the annual Servco Mini Carnival at the care facility on Saturday, October 27, organized by Servco Pacific Inc. (Servco) employees and the Occupational Therapy Department of Leahi Hospital.
The Servco Mini Carnival featured costumed volunteers, “Bungie” the clown, dress-up photos, carnival-like games that included Spider Shoot Out, Boooowling, Da Witches Brew; and many prizes such as warm socks and lap blankets. The event even featured manicures for the female residents! Nearly 70 residents and seven family members attended the fun-filled event.
As part of its robust community outreach efforts, Servco recruited 55 volunteers made up of employees and family members, ranging in age from 3 to 65-years old.
“What makes this event ‘magical’ is the ways a resident’s face lights up,” said Joanne Chikazawa, Servco Mini Carnvial Co-Chair. “The interactions between people of all ages are amazing and heartfelt. This year we had more children and youth volunteers than ever before and the residents loved it!”
“Getting older and losing your independence can be depressing,” said U’ilani Desilva, Servco Mini Carnvial Co-Chair. “By hosting a carnival at the hospital, residents can easily attend. Playing games, taking a picture, having a balloon parrot sit on your shoulder, or just getting your nails painted can make you feel like a kid again, even if it’s just for a little while. That’s what makes the difference, and makes the magic.”
Thanks to Leahi Hospital, O.T. Department and all the Servco volunteers who made the “magic” happen.
Servco Pacific Inc. is a top-20 Hawaii-based corporation and a 93-year-old privately held company primarily focused on automotive sales and service; consumer goods; insurance services; real estate and private equity investments. With operations in Hawaii, Seattle and Australia, Servco was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Hawaii” by the Best Companies Group and Hawaii Business magazine for the last eight years, being inducted into the “Best Places to Work Hall of Fame.”
# # #
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11