The Howard Hughes Corporation Announces First Tenant for Phase Two of the Ward Village Shops | Business
The Howard Hughes Corporation (NYSE: HHC) on Tuesday announced the first tenant for Phase Two of Ward Village Shops, a 57,000-square foot, two-level retail center along Auahi Street. Currently under construction, the new development will open in the fall of 2013 fully occupied by Pier 1 Imports and other retailers. Located in front of the recently completed Ward Village Shops parking structure and adjacent to the newly opened T.J.Maxx, the retail center will showcase a new 12,688-square-foot Pier 1 Imports, relocating from another site within Ward Centers.
“The relocation of Pier 1 Imports sets the stage for future phases of development that will begin the transformation of Ward into a mixed-use community” said David Striph, senior vice president, Hawai‘i, The Howard Hughes Corporation. “The new store will also enable the ever-popular Pier 1 Imports to continue to serve their loyal local shoppers as well as visitors who come to Ward Centers.”
“We are pleased that Pier 1 Imports will be a new tenant in the Phase Two development of Ward Village Shops, as this relocation will continue to provide our customers with a superior in-store experience,” said Jeffrey Trinh, Regional Manager of Pier 1 Imports. “In the meantime, Pier 1 Imports will maintain its presence in its current location at Ward Centers until the new development is completed. We invite our customers to stop by, spend time browsing and ‘Find What Speaks to You’.”
The Ward Village Shops development is designed to continue the revitalization of Ward Centers and Kaka‘ako, transforming the area into a vibrant shopping destination serving locals and visitors alike. Ward Centers is Honolulu’s premier street destination, where local residents and tourists go for unique shopping, dining and entertainment. The four-block district is home to 135 unique shops, many found only at Ward Centers, and 40 restaurants, sidewalk cafes and eateries. The development will not disrupt the many great options for food, fashion and fun.
About The Howard Hughes Corporation
The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the country. The company's properties include master planned communities, operating properties, development opportunities, and other unique assets spanning 18 states from New York to Hawai‘i. For more information on the company, visit www.howardhughes.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts, including statements accompanied by words such as “will,” “believe,” “expect,” “has the potential” or similar words, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s expectations, estimates, assumptions and projections as of the date of this release and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are set forth as risk factors in The Howard Hughes Corporation’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Registration Statement on Form 10, as amended. The Howard Hughes Corporation cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. The Howard Hughes Corporation does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect future events, information or circumstances that arise after the date of this release.
About Pier 1 Imports
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. is the original global importer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts. Information about the Company is available on www.pier1.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11