Hawaii State Ballet to showcase Junior Program dancers | Arts & Culture
The School of Hawaii State Ballet, under the direction of John Landovsky and Gina Surles, will present its annual school concert in two performances on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School campus. The dance concert will showcase Hawaii State Ballet's Junior Program, from the tiny three-year-olds to the advanced dancers of the Junior Company.
Hawaii State Ballet has been a leading ballet school for 27 years with an established reputation for training many successful dancers now performing with professional companies including American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, and Arizona Ballet Theatre. HSB also trained Amanda Schull, star of the movies "Center Stage" and “Mao’s Last Dancer,” and Erica Wong who won first place at the American Ballet Competition in Austin, Texas last spring.
Tickets are $25 for all ages. Limited seating will be available at the door one hour before each performance. Please call (808) 947-2755 for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- First ever Waikiki May Day Mele on the beach
- Outrigger Mauritius Resort and Spa Celebrates Stylish Grand Opening
- Coast Guard responding to spill in Ala Wai harbor
- Weeknight Waikiki parade draws big crowd, traffic
- Outrigger Enterprises Group Drives 86% More Mobile Bookings with Website Optimized by Mobify