Hawaii State Ballet to showcase Junior Program dancers | Arts & Culture
The School of Hawaii State Ballet, under the direction of John Landovsky and Gina Surles, will present its annual school concert in two performances on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School campus. The dance concert will showcase Hawaii State Ballet's Junior Program, from the tiny three-year-olds to the advanced dancers of the Junior Company.
Hawaii State Ballet has been a leading ballet school for 27 years with an established reputation for training many successful dancers now performing with professional companies including American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, and Arizona Ballet Theatre. HSB also trained Amanda Schull, star of the movies "Center Stage" and “Mao’s Last Dancer,” and Erica Wong who won first place at the American Ballet Competition in Austin, Texas last spring.
Tickets are $25 for all ages. Limited seating will be available at the door one hour before each performance. Please call (808) 947-2755 for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development