Hawaii State Ballet to showcase Junior Program dancers | Arts & Culture
The School of Hawaii State Ballet, under the direction of John Landovsky and Gina Surles, will present its annual school concert in two performances on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School campus. The dance concert will showcase Hawaii State Ballet's Junior Program, from the tiny three-year-olds to the advanced dancers of the Junior Company.
Hawaii State Ballet has been a leading ballet school for 27 years with an established reputation for training many successful dancers now performing with professional companies including American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, and Arizona Ballet Theatre. HSB also trained Amanda Schull, star of the movies "Center Stage" and “Mao’s Last Dancer,” and Erica Wong who won first place at the American Ballet Competition in Austin, Texas last spring.
Tickets are $25 for all ages. Limited seating will be available at the door one hour before each performance. Please call (808) 947-2755 for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11