Hawaii State Ballet to showcase Junior Program dancers | Arts & Culture
The School of Hawaii State Ballet, under the direction of John Landovsky and Gina Surles, will present its annual school concert in two performances on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School campus. The dance concert will showcase Hawaii State Ballet's Junior Program, from the tiny three-year-olds to the advanced dancers of the Junior Company.
Hawaii State Ballet has been a leading ballet school for 27 years with an established reputation for training many successful dancers now performing with professional companies including American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, and Arizona Ballet Theatre. HSB also trained Amanda Schull, star of the movies "Center Stage" and “Mao’s Last Dancer,” and Erica Wong who won first place at the American Ballet Competition in Austin, Texas last spring.
Tickets are $25 for all ages. Limited seating will be available at the door one hour before each performance. Please call (808) 947-2755 for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11