Hawaii State Ballet to showcase Junior Program dancers | Arts & Culture
The School of Hawaii State Ballet, under the direction of John Landovsky and Gina Surles, will present its annual school concert in two performances on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Mamiya Theatre on the St. Louis School campus. The dance concert will showcase Hawaii State Ballet's Junior Program, from the tiny three-year-olds to the advanced dancers of the Junior Company.
Hawaii State Ballet has been a leading ballet school for 27 years with an established reputation for training many successful dancers now performing with professional companies including American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, and Arizona Ballet Theatre. HSB also trained Amanda Schull, star of the movies "Center Stage" and “Mao’s Last Dancer,” and Erica Wong who won first place at the American Ballet Competition in Austin, Texas last spring.
Tickets are $25 for all ages. Limited seating will be available at the door one hour before each performance. Please call (808) 947-2755 for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19