See Art Exhibit by Roosevelt Students at Hawaii State Library | Arts & Culture
An Art Exhibit presented by the Roosevelt High School Fine Arts Department is currently on display at the Hawaii State Library through April 30 in the Lobby and First Floor Reading Room.
The exhibit showcases various works of art created by students in grades 9-12. The art work includes: drawings, paintings, photographs, ceramic sculptures, mixed media, and computer-generated projects. This exhibit is suitable for all ages, and may be viewed during normal library hours.
Roosevelt High School’s Visual Arts program provides opportunities for students to develop creative imagination, aesthetic sensitivity, and insight into civilizations and cultures of the past and present. Students are challenged to present solutions that have personal meaning and purpose. The projects and activities foster critical and creative thinking and address the communicative power of the visual image/product.
The Hawaii State Library is located at 478 South King Street. For more information, please call the Library’s Art, Music & Recreation Section at 586-3520.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11