Saint Louis School announces major gift from Matson |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Saint Louis School is pleased to announce they are the beneficiaries of a $50,000 gift from the Matson Foundation as “the charity arm” of Matson Inc. (Matson Navigation).The gift was presented to the entire student body and faculty at a checkpresentation ceremony during an awards assembly on Friday, January 11, 2013 at the Schoolcampus at McCabe Gymnasium A number of key personnel from Matson were on hand for thepresentation ceremony including Matson Account Executive, Michael Yoshida from SaintLouis School class of 1961, and Matson Chairman of the Board, Walter Dods Jr., also a SaintLouis School graduate from the class of 1959. “The Matson Foundation is proud to support St. Louis School with this $50,000 grant,” saidWalter Dods, Jr., chairman of Matson, Inc. “One of the foundation’s objectives is to supportHawaii’s educational institutions, and as an alumnus of St. Louis, this contribution ispersonally very gratifying. I will always value the quality of the education I received at St.Louis, and the lasting impact my time there had on my life. This grant will help support theschool’s infrastructure and campus improvement needs, and will benefit not only the hundredsof young men who are students at St. Louis, but also members of the larger community whoattend and participate in activities and competitions at its facilities.” Saint Louis School President, Walter Kirimitsu said, “ we are very grateful to Matson for thekind and generous donation to Saint Louis School. This money is earmarked for the first phaseof our Capital Campaign we are kicking off to raise funds for the new Clarence T. C. ChingAthletic Center. Ultimately, our students and community will benefit greatly when the newAthletic Center is built and can be enjoyed by generations to come. Mahalo to Matson forgetting us off to a good start!” Saint Louis School is a private all boys Catholic School created in the Marianist Catholictradition for boys in grades 6-12. Saint Louis was founded in 1846.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Announces 2014-2015 Halekulani Masterworks Season
- Conley, Hayashida, Ing, Martinson, and Wo Join UHF Board
- Kahala Mall Hosts Keiki Day on August 23
- Avalon Development Co. Puts 17 Industrial Parcels At Kapolei Business Park, Phase 2, On The Market
- Safeway Hawaii Foundation Grants $10,000 In Scholarships To 10 Hawaii Students
- Special Olympics Hawai‘i Takes Over the Edge to New Heights
- Elvis Remembrance Day Saturday, August 16: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p