Punahou School's Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood earns LEED Platinum certification | Schools
Punahou School announced that its Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood has earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
The Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood is the first kindergarten and first-grade facility rated at the highest certification level under the LEED for Schools standard.
The certification is a reflection of Punahou School's commitment to sustainable practices.
"The LEED platinum distinction is a very special recognition for both Punahou and Hawaii," Punahou School president Jim Scott said. "As an island community, we have a responsibility to teach young children and caring for our precious resources to create a thriving and sustainable future. We envision the Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood serving as a learning center for students and schools throughout Hawaii to actively engage and interact with the green features and technologies."
The Neighborhood is named after Pierre and Pam Omidyar, who donated the project's lead, six million dollars, six-year challenge grant.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Avalon Development Co. Puts 17 Industrial Parcels At Kapolei Business Park, Phase 2, On The Market
- Safeway Hawaii Foundation Grants $10,000 In Scholarships To 10 Hawaii Students
- Safeway Donates Over 16 Tons Of Ice To Aid Big Island Residents Impacted By Tropical Storm Iselle
- Hawaii Life Real Estate Hires Veteran Realtor For Oahu
- Young Slack Key Guitar Virtuoso Performs at Hawaii State Library
- Special Olympics Hawai‘i Takes Over the Edge to New Heights
- Elvis Remembrance Day Saturday, August 16: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p