Domestic argument leads to car crash | Crime
An apparent domestic argument resulted in a man hanging on for his life to the hood of a car, as it weaved through traffic for several blocks on Beretania Street Wednesday morning.
The car crashed into the side of the First Insurance Building at Beretania Street and Ward Avenue.
Investigators say the dramatic ride began shortly before 9 a.m. when the man and his former girlfriend got into a fight in the parking lot of the Times Supermarket in Makiki.
The ex-girlfriend drove off with the man on the hood of the car.
"The police and ambulance workers were removing the lady, brought her out here on a stretcher and a neck brace," witness Jeffrey Smith said. "And the man wasn't visible. He was between the building and the vehicle."
The 44-year-old man was reported in critical condition at the Queen's Medical Center. The 46-year-old woman was reported in serious condition.
Police have opened an attempted murder investigation, but say its' likely it will be reclassified to a lesser charge.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- US-Japan Council Chooses Hawaii to Host 5th Annual Conference
- ‘Parc Arts’ Features University of Hawaii Art Exhibitions
- HAWAII POPS OPENS SECOND SEASON WITH A CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF THE BEATLES
- Hawai‘i Pacific Health presents “Women’s Way to Health” free community health event
- Kaiao Wins 6th Annual Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search