Domestic argument leads to car crash | Crime
An apparent domestic argument resulted in a man hanging on for his life to the hood of a car, as it weaved through traffic for several blocks on Beretania Street Wednesday morning.
The car crashed into the side of the First Insurance Building at Beretania Street and Ward Avenue.
Investigators say the dramatic ride began shortly before 9 a.m. when the man and his former girlfriend got into a fight in the parking lot of the Times Supermarket in Makiki.
The ex-girlfriend drove off with the man on the hood of the car.
"The police and ambulance workers were removing the lady, brought her out here on a stretcher and a neck brace," witness Jeffrey Smith said. "And the man wasn't visible. He was between the building and the vehicle."
The 44-year-old man was reported in critical condition at the Queen's Medical Center. The 46-year-old woman was reported in serious condition.
Police have opened an attempted murder investigation, but say its' likely it will be reclassified to a lesser charge.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TOYOTA HAWAII ANNOUNCES “MILITARY SALUTE” #WinWithToyotaHI WINNER
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Back Two Experienced Agents
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Now Offer Four New Services
- Subaru Forester Recognized as Motor Trend’s 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year
- Traffic Alert: Water Main break closes lanes on Dillingham Boulevard