Domestic argument leads to car crash | Crime
An apparent domestic argument resulted in a man hanging on for his life to the hood of a car, as it weaved through traffic for several blocks on Beretania Street Wednesday morning.
The car crashed into the side of the First Insurance Building at Beretania Street and Ward Avenue.
Investigators say the dramatic ride began shortly before 9 a.m. when the man and his former girlfriend got into a fight in the parking lot of the Times Supermarket in Makiki.
The ex-girlfriend drove off with the man on the hood of the car.
"The police and ambulance workers were removing the lady, brought her out here on a stretcher and a neck brace," witness Jeffrey Smith said. "And the man wasn't visible. He was between the building and the vehicle."
The 44-year-old man was reported in critical condition at the Queen's Medical Center. The 46-year-old woman was reported in serious condition.
Police have opened an attempted murder investigation, but say its' likely it will be reclassified to a lesser charge.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Strong Demand For The Ritz-Carton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Legendary Halloween Friday, October 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Happy Birthday to the King of Pop Friday, August 29-Sunday, August 31: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p
- Magical Christmas at Legends Wednesday, December 24-Thursday, December 25 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Beat the Heat - Play Bingo at Waikiki-Kapahulu Library on July 11